Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

The Experience of Introducing Solids Part II

Well, thank God, little Daniel (who is now 7 months old!) is eating much better now! Thanks for the advice I received after my previous blog! After our 3 day break, we started again with pears for 3 days before trying other foods and he's now actually enjoying the experience! Hurray!!! He hasn't complained or gagged in a while and we've been finishing each meal with him happy! We even gave him prunes this past weekend to help him get through some "poop issues" :-) and after thinking briefly about the new and strong taste, he ate several teaspoons with no problem! Of course prunes also create a lot more mess as seen in the photos below! We are now getting more excited about introducing, slowly, more and more new flavors and then a mixture of them! We just keep learning that everything just happens at the right time; no point panicking or trying to speed things up - hopefully I'll remember this the next time I start to worry about him reaching the next new milestone...

Thinking about it...


I want more! Toy or prunes?


What a relief: Happy after eating prunes!

1 comment:

  1. First, I laughed that his high chair is outside! Very wise with prunes (you might also notice a change in his diapers...lovely!). Second, our pediatrician suggested we introduce one new food per week. That seemed to be enough time for our kids to get used to the new flavor (or show us they completely did not like that food), also helped to tell if they were allergic to something as a week is plenty of time for symptoms to occur. I'm so glad to hear he's eating better, as I know it's a relief for you! As you said, they do things in their own good time!

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics