Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

San Antonio And A Morning In Baltimore

I had hoped to blog more consistently again, but life has still not slowed down... So tonight when I saw an opportunity to go through some recent photos and write a post, I just went for it!

I was recently in San Antonio for 3 days to participate in two evaluation-related workshops (my area of work). It was the longest I had ever been away from Daniel and I tell you, I found it painful -- literally. The first two days went well, but on the third day, when Jonny sent me a photo of him via text, I felt pain in my chest, I missed him so much (now it's funny, not at the time though! :-))! Thankfully, he didn't' miss me much at all and had a blast with his papai and at school -- it was just me. The workshops were great though and the highlight was that I got to see an old friend from Europe, Cristina, who had come all the way from Italy to participate in the conference too. We even got a photo of us together by the "river walk" in San Antonio (I found it artificial but at night on my way back to the hotel, it was quite magical being by the water and walking past restaurants with live music - nice atmosphere).



This past weekend Jonny had a meeting in Baltimore in the morning and so Daniel and I decided to enjoy the city too. We went to Port Discovery (a children's museum), using groupon coupons I had bought months earlier, and Daniel had a blast. I wouldn't pay full price for the museum, I thought it was a bit run down and not that exciting, but it was still a fun morning.

Daniel loved the Bob the Builder section:




And the moon bounce!



He loved playing in this train and pressing the whistle button (the noise scared him at first but he quickly adjusted)


The coolest part of the museum was the Diner, in which the kids pretended to cook the parents food and serve them. Daniel loved this - and I loved watching his enjoyment!







We then met papai for lunch at the inner harbor. It was a beautiful warm fall morning. It was special to be there again, especially since it was across from the building I worked at for four years - lots of memories... Seeing my son enjoying himself just outside my old office, was special...



Playing outside my old office building...
Daniel loved seeing the ships and boats


A nice lunch outside at a place I had eaten at often - Chipotle!


4 comments:

  1. lovely! we also visited port discovery recently, and we share some of your impressions. looks like S enjoyed many of the same activities as daniel! the good news is that their toddler area is being totally redeveloped. let's go together when it is open? looking fwd to seeing you friday. xkatie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vozinhos in PortugalNovember 19, 2010 at 9:18 AM

    Aninha-Jonny,

    It was wonderful to find news at your blog again! Thank you very much.

    We were waiting to see our boy wonder, Nani, in action and...how nice was to see him playing with kids at the museum, enjoying visiting the harbor, your former building, having lunch, and -curtindo papai e mamae - so well!

    We also enjoyed seeing your picture with our friend Cristina - who visited us in Portugal few weeks ago.

    Great Aninha-Jonny! We are happy again because you re-began writing the blog. We just love to see the news and photos of -paixao da vozinha- through your blog.

    We love you three so much! Vozinhos in Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to see you back on the blogging! I have been waiting... as usual Daniel looks adorable, and I can imagine it must have been hard being away from him. Great to see him having so much fun at the museum. Baltimore is lovely isn't it? Miss you all, All my love

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics