Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Visiting Childhood Friends In NYC - Part 1

Well, we are officially snowed in! We literally have a mountain of snow on our road, blocking our cars, so we are not going anywhere for a while... Both our jobs have cancelled work for tomorrow so we will have another day at home - which has been fun, like we are on vacation!

Being snowed in also means I have more time to blog! So let me go back a couple of weeks and update on our short trip to NYC.

We first decided to go to NY to participate in a pre-wedding celebration party of my childhood friend, Chris L.. Chris and I first met in Sri-Lanka when I was 11 years old, in Digana village, outside of Kandy. His family was like a second family to me; I stayed with them often. The last time I had seen Chris was at my wedding, almost 10 years ago! I had seen his sister Jessica more recently but I had not seen his parents and other 2 siblings in 19 years! So you can just imagine how special this reunion was for me!

And it was just wonderful! I had so much fun seeing Chris and his family again, but also other friends from Sri-Lanka who I also had not seen in 19 years. It was magical; I didn't want the night to end! I ended up being the last person to leave the party at almost 1 am - Jonny and Daniel left much earlier and I got to stay up having fun!

Because I was so caught up in enjoying the party, I didn't get many photos. But here are some of our trip down to NY and the reunion...


Very early in the morning waiting for the Amtrak train to NY...


Daniel loved being on the train; just as we had expected...



Speeches - the bride and groom to be is the young couple behind the speaker...


Old friends from Sri-Lanka! It was such an amazing reunion!



With Chris and Dilshad...

With Lexi, Jessi and Amelia...

With Jessi and James...


Considering all the novelty and people, Daniel also enjoyed the party! He played with Jessi's son Dylan in the basement.


And later enjoyed playing with Dylan's car!

These photos are now memories that are very dear to me! I'm so glad we went! Can't wait until our next reunion!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ana, Jessica sent me your blog and I loved reading it and seeing your photos. It was wonderful to see you again after 19 years! Also to meet Johnny and Daniel, but of course as soon as I saw you it was as if no time had passed, except.. You have certainly blossomed and have a beautiful family! Thank you for coming all the way and I hope we will see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics