

Two days ago we inherited a tricycle from Daniel's friend Enya, just in time for "bike day" at school today. Yesterday evening before dinner, Jonny took Daniel out for about half an hour to teach him how to pedal. He started to do so a little, but needed quite a bit of help. This morning when I went to drop Daniel off at school, I told the teacher that he would need help riding his tricycle. But this afternoon, when I went to pick him up, she said: "your son can ride his bike all on his own!" I hadn't seen him do it yet, so this evening we went out again and it was just as she said!
I filmed him riding his tricycle so you could see this big milestone too! Wow, it was so emotional for me to see my baby so grown up! As you will see, he was even able to ride Enya's bicycle! We don't think his tricycle will last him much longer now...the hunt for a second-hand bicycle will soon begin.

Wow! Daniel really picked that up quickly, he looked pretty confident on Enya's bike, before you know it you will be able to go on cycle rides together!
ReplyDeleteJust as Heather said WOW WOW WOW!! What a fast learner and sporty boy DP is becoming and how wonderful to follow his development so closely. Thanks Aninha, I loved the video watching him pedal and just pick up Enya's bike and go for it. I am sure he will need his own bike soon and how about the scooter? Has he tried that yet? I can just remember when Jasmine and Camilla picked that up quickly and enjoyed rushing around. I can try to borrow one for him to whiz around Kensington Gardens! I cannot wait to play and go to the park and playground with DP in September!! Not too long now. Have a great weekend. Lots of love, Tia Fafa. PS Thanks also for the June and July updates. Great to see you getting together with old friends and making new ones too!!
ReplyDeleteAninha-Jonny,
ReplyDeleteI just arrived in Port Moresby from Kocopo and Rabaul and I am enjoying so much seeing (over and over again) our little prince riding tricycle and Enia’s bike so quickly! How wonderful development he had in the last few weeks and how privileged we are, for being able to follow his development closely through your blog. Thank you very very much for allowing us to participate in Daniel’s development! In Kocopo I was able to read the blog but could not open de video. Then, I was anxious to see him biking and, today, in PM, I am very very happy seeing him so smart and feeling so self-confident with his own development! Congratulations to our boy wonder! Congratulations to you and Jonny for the guidance and exposure you promote to enable him to transform his life this way! This is marvelous and I am very proud of you and Jonny and proud of Daniel. I cannot wait to see him again speaking new words, learning a lot of things at school, experiencing new behaviors, etc. How blessed I am for the opportunity I will have to embrace and kiss him next month! Many kisses and hugs to you three. Vozinha em PNG.
So glad that Daniel has picked up the Fairhead bike gene! We are dead impressed with his prowess and he clearly has taken to it like a natural. We have just come back from a great bike hol in Denmark and Germany and are delighted to see how Daniel is preparing for such adventures already! We love your blog Ana and look forward to seeing you all soon. Lots of love John and Eileen xx
ReplyDelete