Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Part 1: Strawberry Picking!

For years I have wanted to go strawberry picking and finally this year, we went! The last time I went strawberry picking I was about 1 and a half years old. I don't actually remember it, but I have seen photos of me in a cute light blue outfit hanging on to my mother's back, as she picked strawberries in the late 70s, here in Maryland! (Vozinha, I would love to see those photos again and get a copy!)

We finally remembered this year that the best time to go is at the end of May and since Daniel is now 3, we thought it would be a perfect family activity. And it was! Not because Daniel enjoyed the picking (he wasn't really interested in it at all actually - he probably picked 2 strawberries in total after much encouragement) but because we gave it a try, Jonny really got in to it (I found it more laborious than I had expected and so preferred to enjoy the scenery and take photos instead), we went with our neighbors and had a great picnic afterwards together at the farm under a big tree!

The main pickers: Heather and Jonny


The boys look hard at work, don't they? They were admiring the picked strawberries in the basket....




The final result after about 45 minutes of picking...




Daniel enjoyed walking around and seeing the tractor in the distance.


He then enjoyed "driving" a tractor inside the barnhouse.


Daniel and Devesh...


Picnic time! Baby Maya is already 10 months old and ate some of the quesadillas I made too!



Fun dad = very happy baby!



Two friends together = very happy boys!





We then went home and quickly walloped all the strawberries. We made: strawberry smoothie, strawberry popsicles and just ate a bunch fresh!

I hope Daniel will look back at these photos one day, as I did with my own childhood ones, and look forward to taking his own family strawberry picking... Sweet times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics