Something that often brings joy and comfort to my heart, is to remember that Daniel has an amazing father, a very special "papai." I always imagined Jonny would be a good father, but to actually see him in action, first with Jonathan David and now with Daniel, is a tremendous blessing which I do not take for granted. He is so loving, so kind, so affectionate, so patient, so giving, so present...just so very wonderful.
Still today in the middle of the night if he hears Daniel make a noise, he is the first to jump up from bed to go and see if his son is OK. I often have to say "wait darls, I think he is just dreaming, come back to bed"; such is his connection with Daniel, such is his care.
So today, as we had a fun filled day celebrating Father's day, we thanked Jonny for being the father that he is. And we thanked God for Jonny, for the precious gift he is.
I write this so that Daniel can read and remember in the future, how blessed he is to have Jonny as his "papai." May Jonny's example help bring Daniel to know and love God the Father for himself, for it is through His Spirit and Jesus' example, that Jonny is the father he is. And may Daniel grow up to be like his father and be a blessing to his own children in the same way.
-----------------------------
The next set of photos were taken at Daniel's 3rd birthday party, at the fire station. Jonny got to put on the firefighter's uniform and equipment in front of all the children. For Daniel, this was the most amazing transformation; to see his own papai as a firefigheter brought him such excitment and pride!
The way Daniel looked at Jonny, the way his eyes sparkled, is something we will never forget. See below and enjoy! :-)







0 comments:
Post a Comment