Friday, August 30, 2013
Daniel's Point of View -- Related to His Baby Brother
D: Mamae, so the baby is going to come out naked? All the people [in the hospital] will see him like that? I thought our naked bodies were private!
D: Mamae, there is something I have wanted to ask you in a long time.
Me: OK honey, go ahead [I prepared myself to answer something really difficult]
D: When I'm a teenager, I'm not going to get to spend much time with my brother because I'll be out a lot, driving around. So when will I see him?
[When we were choosing what clothes to take to the hospital for the baby]
Me: Daniel, which pants should we take? [I showed him some options]
D: Let's take the red one. I like that it has a heart on it because I love my brother!
[After Daniel helped me pack the baby's hospital bag -- he chose each outfit.]
Me: Daniel, tomorrow you can help mamae pack my bag.
D: Yes, we have to choose something that will make you look really beautiful. Like a really beautiful dress. Not the one you are wearing now.
D: Mamae, when I go to the hospital to meet my brother, the first thing I'm going to do is kiss him!
D: I want to help with my brother, like hold him and kiss him. But I do not want to change his diapers!
D: I can't wait to teach my brother to like all the junk food I love, like McDonalds, Pizza, Chick-fil-A... And I'll teach him to like to speak English more than Portuguese. He will be just like me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Such funny quotes from Daniel about the new baby! Hilarious!!
ReplyDeleteThanks my dear, he definitely makes us laugh!
Delete