Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a nice Mother's Day weekend. But since becoming a mother, Mother's Day has been a "bitter-sweet" holiday for me. It is a day that I remember and miss Jonathan David even more, but it is also a wonderful reminder of how blessed I am to be the mother of two precious boys - one at home in Heaven and one here with me. And to experience Daniel Peter growing up has been so wonderful - I'm really loving it more and more and for that, I am truly thankful.

Jonny was so thoughtful to send me a beautiful bouquet of tulips (his favorite flower) with a cute card "written" by Daniel for Mother's Day. And Maria, Daniel's "second mother", surprised me when I got back from work last Friday with a lovely craft that she had made for me with Daniel, and also a yummy dessert - how thoughtful of her! She told me it was not easy to get the craft done - which I can totally understand knowing my 14 month old! We then had some new friends over for dinner on Saturday and Daniel loved playing with their almost 18 month old son Marcus. On Sunday, we had a relaxing afternoon after church and enjoyed taking Daniel to our neighborhood park.

Here are some photos of the weekend:







I need to post a video soon of Daniel walking. He is very stable now and loves to walk around all over the house! He loves to walk in and out of the house onto our deck and is definitely becoming more independent. He has also been talking loads, in a language that we do not understand but to him, seems to make perfect sense. To us, it sounds a bit like Tamil! :-)

What a precious age, we're just loving it! For me, my love for Daniel just grows each day and I often feel like smothering him with kisses! "Mamae te ama, Daniel, muito, muito e muito!"

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed looking at your Mother's Day weekend photos, how wonderful to see him walking like that! Now you can see how totally tied you feel to your baby.. there's nothing like the love a mother has for her child, I know. Lots of Love Heather

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics