Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Daniel's Age 3 Check-Up

Daniel had his 3 year old check-up yesterday and it went well. He hasn't gained much weight since he was 2 -- now weighing 34 1/2 pounds (15.7 kg) compared to his age 2 check-up when he was weighing about 33.  He is not underweight though, at 75th percentile, he was just quite chubby before. He is 39 1/2 inches long (3.3 feet or 100.3 cm), still on the tall side for his age, at 88th percentile. I need to check how tall he was last year... cannot remember exactly right now. The doctor was amazed by how strong his thigh muscles are and asked if he jumped a lot. He doesn't, he's just always had big thigh muscles -- will he be the future "Roberto Carlos" (Brazilian football player)? :-)

I was particularly worried about him getting a vaccine since he is so much more aware now of everything, but I was reading him a book when the nurse gave him a shot on his left arm and he didn't even notice it. He loved the bandaid he got though and played around with it later, pretending he was a doctor.

I took some pictures with my phone at the check-up -  look how cute he looked in his Elmo's underwear (I didn't get a chance to blog about this before, but Daniel has been wearing underwear during the day now consistently since Christmas -- a couple of months before his 3rd birthday).

We had to wait an hour to see the doctor and Daniel kept himself entertained in many different ways...


Having his blood pressure taken for the first time (it was pretty low, something like 82/64...)



First time measuring his height standing up -- you can really see his thigh muscles in this picture.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics