My dearest Jonathan David, my little angel,
Today is the 31st of May. When I opened your mommy-daddy’s blog, I saw their message of “saudade” to you and “auntie” Kristen’s letter to you. Then, I realized that you must be at the “door of heaven”, waiting for “vozinha Teteti’s” letter and wondering when it will be arriving.
YES, my little angel, Jonathan David, my letter is with you now and you know how much I miss you and how difficult it has been to accept your departure to heaven so quickly!
“Vozinha” dreamed of holding, kissing, and embracing you much before you were conceived! I knew you would come! I did not mention this to your mommy and daddy, because I did not want to pressure them. But, in fact, when they announced your arrival, I was ready to be the most loving and the happiest “vozinha” in the world!
The days that I lived (until the 12th week of your life), were the most beautiful days of my life as “vozinha”! I was very happy and feeling like dancing at the top of the world! I was jogging and wanted to be fit for you to trust that your “vozinha” was strong enough to take you on her bicycle by the sea in Cascais and do many other things together!
I was dreaming of having you in my lap to tell you stories of your mommy’s and auntie Fafa’s childhood over and over again! I had planned to act those stories out for us to laugh and laugh a lot. I would be repetitive, I know, but you would love and even ask me to repeat most of them. I even dreamed of you repeating the stories to me and laughing about them. I knew it would be fun and our friendship would grow full of joy!
Now, Jonathan David, I am still very sad because you have left, but let me tell you how much I thank God for your life. Your short life on earth raised me from death (and other family and friends too). Before, I was distracted and lost focus on God. Your precious life transformed my soul and brought me closer to God during my suffering for your health. I did not find anybody else who could give me deeper comfort and hope than Jesus and His promises. I am so pleased that your life provided me with the chance to find my way (in time) to meet you in heaven. Isn’t this wonderful news?
That is why, my little angel, I cannot wait to meet you, to hug you, to kiss you, to thank you, and, together with you, to thank God over and over again for the grace of your life and then… we, happily, in heaven, will ride bicycle, tell funny stories, laugh, and pray. We pray that your mommy and daddy, as they understand, fulfill their purpose on earth and do that well, glorifying God and making you, Jonathan David, proud.
Finally, my grand-son, let me join your mommy and daddy and say to God: “Thank you Lord for the privilege to know you and that because of our son's (grand-son’s) life, we are now more focused on heaven.”
We are sure that we will meet you there, Jonathan David! Please wait!
So long.
With lots of love and many kisses,
Vozinha Teteti
Friday, June 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a beautiful letter. It touched me deeply. Jonathan David's life has touched so many of us so deeply!
ReplyDelete