Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fruits, Vacuum Cleaners and Brooms: What do They Have in Common?

Daniel absolutely LOVES them!

I understand his love of fruits - current favorites are oranges and grapes - but vacuum cleaners and brooms??? I thought children usually dislike vacuum cleaners because of the loud noise, but whenever we get our vacuum cleaner out, he follows it everywhere and gets particularly excited when it's on! Daniel loves noise, especially loud ones! And the broom, if he gets hold of one he will not let it go and will carry it around the house, including up the stairs! It's so funny to see his fascination with these cleaning tools! What will you be when you grow up Daniel? :-)

Here are a couple of photos of Daniel carrying our broom around (and yes, I know, we desperately need a new one!):



And here is a special video taken especially for the grandparents (who are the most likely to watch it all - it's long, 7 minutes) of Daniel eating oranges!

You will see clearly what I mean when I say he LOVES them!!!

4 comments:

  1. How cute! Well, there are certainly worse things he could like than oranges!!

    I have found that for some reason, my kids love cleaning products (rags, brooms, dust pans, etc.) and always want to "help" me clean. I usually end up having to clean up their cleaning, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys, drinking my coffee with Daniel! Just watched it for the third time - what a delight to see boy wonder eating so well! Thanks for sharing wonderful moments like this with us.
    Much love, Grandpa Boon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I love to watch Daniel eating so well. He certainly cheers me every time I see him! It's good to see he knows what he wants as well! Thanks for the video

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Aninha-Jonny,

    How wonderful to see our little prince eating by himself and enjoying eating oranges! I was in Lae, where I could not link to internet. This was the reason for my silence. And now, back to Port Moresby, feeling "saudade" of our boy wonder, I was soooo happy to see him again, and showing that he knows what he likes and wants. How self confident he is! You tried to give him a piece, and he just showed you that he could eat by himself! This film is wonderful! He got this love for orange from "vovo-daddy" indeed!I saw the video twice, and want to watch more and more!I will!

    Jonny-Aninha, thank you very much for these videos. You fulfill my needs to see Daniel and "matar a saudade" which is immense! I get myself thinking of him, wondering how he is, and visualizing his pictures and the videos, to survive at this distance. I love this little prince soooo much! I miss him a lot, but...when you send us the updates of his development, you reduce my pain for being so far away.
    Kisses and hugs full of "saudade" from vozinha Teteti in PNG

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics