We came in this morning as planned and baby boy was head down! So we didn't have to try to turn him but decided that I would be induced since I'm already 40 weeks and 5 days pregnant. They have put a bind around by tummy so that the baby will not turn again during labor. My cervix continues to be thick and so I was given a medication to soften it but it will take time (about 12 hours to act). Only once my cervix is softer will they give me Pitocin (oxytocin). So the baby is most likely to only arrive some time on Saturday morning. Jonny and I are at peace and just hanging out... I can't wait for lunch since I wasn't allowed to eat since last night in case I had to have a c-section -- I'm allowed to eat from noon here (it's now just past 11:00 am)! :)
| The "bind" so he won't turn again! |
Update on Daniel
My mother is coming over to join us for a few hours before Daniel returns home from Kindergarten. They have a fun afternoon planned together which includes dinner at McDonalds -- a huge treat for him! He is excited about meeting his brother but I'm not sure he fully "gets it" yet. From tomorrow his (our!) life will be changed forever and I'm curious to see how he will react to no longer being the "only child"...
Daniel is now finishing his 5th week of Kindergarten and is really enjoying it. He gets tired by the end of each week so we need to make sure he is in bed by 7:45 pm and he usually sleeps until 7:30 am. We do homework together after snack every afternoon and then he gets to play -- which often involves going to the playground with his friends from the neighborhood. He has adjusted well to being at school and is learning a lot. Once a week he gets to eat lunch at the school's cafeteria -- not more often because the food is unfortunately not that healthy. He loves it when he can eat there and gets his food all by himself (carries it on a tray) and then takes it to the cashier and enters a "pin number" for his account which he memorized quickly. What a big boy he is -- I wish I was a fly on the wall to see him in action!
OK loved ones, this is the update for now! Your continued prayers are appreciated!

Looking forward to welcoming dear baby Franca Koh. What a momentous event. My thoughts and prayers are with you
ReplyDeleteThank you dear Granny!
DeleteSo exciting!!! We will be eagerly awaiting further news and especially the name of this new little family member. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you dear Kristen! Still waiting for the first 12 hours at the hospital to pass. All is well...
Deleteso exciting! will be praying for you tonight!
ReplyDelete