Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Pregnancy Update: 39 Weeks!

Hi Loved Ones,
 
So I'm now 39 weeks pregnant and we are just waiting... My mother and step-father arrived on Tuesday which has given me a lot of peace because I know Daniel will be well taken care of when we have to go to the hospital.
 
I have been feeling very tired and have not been sleeping well at night. But thankfully I have been able to rest as much as I need during the day -- on Wednesday, I officially started my "maternity leave" so I now don't have to worry about work anymore. This past Monday when I had my last ultrasound (because I'm over 35 I have to have them every week starting from 36 weeks), my amniotic fluid was on the low side and I was asked to stay on "bed rest"as much as possible and drink lots of fluid. To our relief on Monday, our baby boy was head down... BUT, when I went to the midwife for my weekly appointment on Wednesday, he was breech again! Just like his big brother who kept turning until the last minute! I was so surprised since I did not feel him turn over and he had been head down for about two weeks.
 
The plan now is that on Monday (if labor doesn't start until then), when I go in for my next ultrasound, if he is still breech and if my amniotic fluid is high enough, I will go and see an obstetrician on the same day who will check if I can have the baby turned manually (everything has to look just right for this to take place, including position of the placenta). If so, I will most likely be admitted to the hospital on the same or next day to try and turn the baby. If he is successfully turned (which is likely given that he is still able to turn alone quite easily), I will be induced immediately so I can deliver him before he turns again. If they cannot turn him, I will have a c-section. We feel this is a good option since I will be well into my 39th week but of course we are praying that labor would start naturally, that the baby would go back to being head down and that my amniotic fluid would be normal. So we do ask for your prayers as well!
 
If he is head down on Monday and the amniotic fluid is OK, we will continue to wait... but we will only be able to make a decision once we have all the information from the next ultrasound.
 
Despite all the uncertainty, I'm at peace and trusting God with His perfect timing. What matters is that soon we will be meeting our baby boy -- so exciting!

1 comment:

  1. "Dear baby, you had better turn over and come out as soon as possible, we cannot wait to meet you."

    Waiting for the great news and praying all will be well,
    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics