Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thank you Vozinha and Vovo Stephen!

So after being here for two and a half months, vozinha and vovo Stephen returned to Portugal one week ago. It was so sad to see them go and we miss them a lot! But, we are doing well and just feeling grateful for all the time we had together. They arrived a couple of weeks before Luke was born and were here until a few days after he turned two months old.  
 
We are so grateful that they were here and vozinha helped us so much! I was truly able to enjoy Luke as much as I did his first two months because of my mother's help. I really took advantage of her presence to nap when I didn't have to feed him and it made the world of difference. She really became an expert in taking care of Luke! She also took and picked up Daniel at the bus stop most days, brought us breakfast upstairs most mornings (we called it "royal service" because she prepared it so beautifully, always with a variety of things -- see photos below), made Daniel's school lunches, took care of our kitchen (after she left, Jonny said he forgot the kitchen didn't "self clean!"), cooked some meals (not her custom but she even did that!) and just did whatever she could to make our adjustment to having Luke as easy as possible. Not to mention that she was here when I needed her most, when Jonny traveled to Malaysia twice. My mother really served us in a way that touched us deeply. She taught me a lot about service and I hope I can become more like her in this area!

Vovo Stephen also cooked us some lovely meals, picked up Daniel at the bus stop a few times, and was just great in supporting my mother in serving us.
   
Vozinha and vovo Stephen, thank you so much for staying with us during a time when we really needed you!
 
Maezinha, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your endless service and love. Our time together was very special and we will always remember it with deep gratitude. We love you! Now go and enjoy your well deserved vacation! :) 
   
Enjoying the "royal service!"

 
These photos were taken just a few minutes before their taxi arrived to take them to the airport...
 





 
 







Before I sign off, I must record a special, funny moment...

The day the clocks went back one hour, my mother woke up at 1 AM and thought it was time to get up. She said she felt exhausted but as she did every morning, she got up, fed Buffy our cat (who was fast asleep and looked at her surprised when she walked in the laundry room), and got dressed (she even put her perfume on!). Stephen was awake and asked her what she was doing and she said: "Eu tenho que ir cuidar dos meus netinhos!" ("I  have to go take care of my grandsons!") Stephen just thought, "OK, it's the middle of the night but if that's what you want to do..." and he didn't even say anything to her. Soon after she checked her clock and realized why she was so tired: it was only 1 AM!

We laughed so hard when my mother told us what had happened! But more importantly, I think it clearly demonstrates what a special heart of service she has.

 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Aninha, Thank you very much. You made me cry while reading the depth of your words in your Thank You message for Stephen and I. I was deeply touched for discovering how much value you gave to our presence and my willingness to give you, "my baby", a chance to rest after nights and nights of short sleeps to feed our little prince Lukinho. Everything that I did, my daughter, was part of my support to you & Jonny to ease your load which was very heavy and increased by your-Jonny´s high emotional period of time for the loss of our dear Boon. What I did was so little and simple when I compare it to what we gained from living together with You-Jonny-Daniel-Lukinho during 2 months and 20 days. Stephen and I felt constantly covered by all your love, kisses and hugs which filled our days with joy and pleasure to be there with you four. In addition, as parents, we were gratified with very positive feelings while witnessing your-Jonny´s loving and smooth relationship and the way you together build Daniel´s principles and values which are making him be a very special boy of 5.5 y.o. Daniel´s attitudes and behaviour impressed us a lot. Stephen and I were amazed for his mature interaction with us while you were in the hospital, Jonny in Malaysia or you were resting. Aninha, I cannot close this message without telling you what we felt while taking care of our little angel Lukinho! He is indeed a “light” from God and he proves this to us with his constant smiles and happy face, besides being a very calm and peaceful baby. As you can see, my daughter, Stephen and I have much more to Thank You-Jonny-Daniel and Lukinho for the wonderful time we had with you than anything else. We enjoyed living in ”a piece of heaven” in Derwood, during our time with you. Now, I pray for God to move time quickly for us to welcome you four in Portugal. We cannot wait for your –Jonny´s arrival bringing our two little and handsome princes to visit our nest in Cascais, next July. It will be wonderful! We are longing for hugging and kissing you four again. We love you very very much. Vozinha and VovĂ´ Stephen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your beautiful comment, maezinha! It's wonderful to know that you were also blessed by the time you spent here with us. We love you and miss you very much! We too look forward to our reunion next July in Portugal! Beijos!

      Delete

 
Web Analytics