After visiting the house we went to eat at this wonderful Egyptian restaurant close by. Here are some cute photos that I took of the kids:
Holly enjoying her pasta - age 2 and 7 months
and Mikey (age 6 months) smiling at his Grandpa in his father's arms.
At the end of the meal I got to hold Mikey for the first time. Kristen and I were both surprised that this was the first time I had actually held him but the previous times I had seen him he was either sleeping or sick. It was so special holding Mikey; I just hugged him so tight and suddenly remembered holding Jonathan David and felt very emotional.
After we left the restaurant Kristen and I drove back together with the kids in the same car and we started talking about Jonathan David and how much we both miss him. Kristen said she often thinks about him and what he would be doing now at almost 4 months - like giving us lots of smiles and making cute noises. It comforted my heart so much to see again how Jonathan David continues to be so loved by others. After a while in the car we started laughing when we realized that we were both crying, Mikey was in the back wailing (he hates his car seat) and Holly was trying to talk to us! I will always remember our time together in the car...
As I have been thinking about yesterday, I was remembering how wonderful Kristen was throughout the whole journey with Jonathan David. We were so excited when we discovered that we were pregnant together and then both broken hearted when we heard about Jonathan David's condition. Kristen kept encouraging me week after week with endless prayers, cards, e-mails, phone calls, etc. She was also with us during some of our scans and was at the hospital soon after Jonathan David was born and got to meet him alive and participate in his baptism. About a month after he was born, she visited us at home and gave us an amazing present: a collage of Jonathan David which we now have in his room.

0 comments:
Post a Comment