Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Quick update

...after a long day working in DC (most of the time I'm in Baltimore) and a 2 hour commute...

1. Jonny's presentation today...went well! I'm so thankful to God that Jonny did well today on his lab meeting presentation. He was working until very late last night preparing. He needs to present his work every 3 months and it always worries him a little because each time he thinks he hasn't made much progress. I'm so proud of my husband because he really is a wonderful example of perseverance. He's been now at his lab for almost 4 years and still hasn't had a big breakthrough in his research. That's just the nature of the basic scientific research he does but it is frustrating. He was so excited though that yesterday afternoon he actually got a new result to present today! Just is time, thank you God!

2. Catching up with friends since coming back from London has been so special and we have spent some real quality time with people (you know who you are!). :-) Even though we saw our friends here in the US quite frequently the last year during our difficult journey, it's been really nice catching up in much happier times. Last night I met my dear friend Kristen at La Madeleine where we used to meet every two weeks before and during our recent pregnancies. Her son Mikey is now almost 6 months old and so cute! He's got a very special place in my heart because he's only 2 months older than Jonathan David. Holly, her older daughter age about 2 1/2, loves "Miss Ana" and left me a lovely message on mother's day on the phone - it's amazing to see how much she is talking (I bet you're happy to hear that Daddy, you loved holding Holly when she was smaller last time you visited). Kristen and I hadn't met for a while at La Madeleine and it was so nice to do that again. Kristen, thanks again for the lovely conversation and for being you! :-)

3. Jonathan David's tree. After being exposed since mother's day to the afternoon sun in front of our house, some of the tree leaves are not too happy (some very burnt!) :-(. We read online that Japanese Maple trees do much better in the morning sun and cannot take too much of it. So we have moved it inside for it to recover and will then place it on our deck at the back of the house which we believe has more appropriate conditions. Hang in there tree!! :-)

4. On a much lighter note...American Idol. :-) So Jonny taped last night's result show for me because I was out but when I got home and decided to watch the last five minutes we discovered that the recording had stopped just as Ryan was presenting the final results! So we had to find out online who had been voted out and we were both shocked to hear that Melinda has gone home (she was my mother's favorite!)... Oh well, we really must vote for Jordin next week so that we're not shocked again! :-) Hopefully I'll still be in town...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics