Anyway, this afternoon Daniel had lots of fun playing in the puddles close to our home and I wanted to record it. This is only the second time in his life that he has done this and he loved it! Check out the photos and video below! My camera unfortunately ran out of battery as he got more into it but at least I got to capture some of it. Enjoy!
One extra developmental update that happened tonight: Daniel started galloping! So cute and he really loved doing it! Must try to get that on video too...
Good night!

Hi dear Aninha-Jonny,
ReplyDeleteWonderful surprise when I saw our little prince playing in the puddle in the street!
I loved to see the blog and thought how creative you were! How happy Daniel was and how much he was enjoying his time in the water. I could hear his breathing of excitement, running up and down and feeling completely free! It was marvelous to watch him feeling this way! Then, I thought how lucky Daniel is for having been born from you and Jonny – two very “modern” and well prepared parents! I praise God for it.
My thoughts went back to reflect on how I behaved as mother of two girls of 19 month old (Fafa and you) in the raining time in Brasília. I asked myself if I could allow you and Fafa to play “numa poça d’água na rua” like you did with our happiest Daniel! And I was sad to find out that – at that time - I was sure that this event was an absurd! You and Fafa had to be inside the house, very well protected against the cold (which the rain brought to Brasilia), using white pantyhose and shoes, like princesses. I was sure I was doing the best thing. I needed to have the assurance that you were protected and completely safe from being sick, etc. Today I would say, how strange and “bad” mother I were and how much fun you and Fafa missed out! But, to compensate my mistake, I am pleased to witness the way you-Jonny are raising our boy wonder. Wonderful to see that you are giving him the best time of his life, by raising him to learn how to be free, to dress well to play in the rain, to have fun even when he falls in the water, to live each day intensely under your care and love. Congratulations, Aninha-Jonny, for the exemplary parents you are. You are teaching me so many good things! Thank you. Kisses and love from Vozinha de Portugal.
"I'm singin' in the rain just singin' in the rain; what a glorious feeling, I'm happy again...!"
ReplyDeleteThe new Gene Kelly before our eyes! Great photos and video! I liked it when he fell over and just got up and carried on! He's a real little bot - a 'menino', not a 'nene' or 'bebe' any more!
If your Mom had had a boy, she'd have had a a different experience (unless, of course, he'd have preferred to stay indoors in white pantyhose...
Big hug for Daniel - we'll see him soon!
Stephen
Wow! he looks so happy running about in the puddles and looks so cool in his winter gear. Thanks Ana. xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely to read your last 3 blog entries! I LOVE the pictures of you and Daniel underneath the same trees that you took those pregnancy photos! Of course, I think of them all the time having used one of them for your baby shower invitation!!
ReplyDeleteHope you are hanging in there with all your busyness at work.
We are doing really well, but of course I miss not meeting any more!