Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Recent Special Moments

We have been extra busy lately which is why one week has almost gone by since my last post. Anyway, though I'm feeling exhausted tonight, I wanted to quickly post some photos of some very special moments we recently had:


Last Thursday, I had the privilege of seeing my dear Honduran friends again after almost 2 years! Wilsen and Libny are the daughters of my dear friend and colleague Perla and they came to DC to have lunch with me. I love the two of them so much and we had such a lovely reunion! I feel like they are almost like my little sisters! Wilsen, the one closest to the wall, is getting married the day after Christmas, how exciting! Las quiero mucho!!!





Saturday morning we had the privilege and joy to celebrate Holly's 5th Birthday (my dear friend Kristen's daughter)! She is such a sweet little girl - we love her so much!


This is Daniel waiting for the cake and ice cream - which he didn't like... he just does not have a sweet tooth.


Holly opening her birthday card from us.


Our family with Holly and Mikey - Daniel looked away just as Mike took the photo...




Auntie Helena came to visit us again this past weekend. Daniel absolutely loves her and called her "Nena" all the time. He asked her to read to him his tractor book...



Not the best photo of "Nena" and Daniel, but I wanted to remember how we already had to wear a winter coat this past rainy weekend. The cold weather came so suddenly that we didn't have a coat for Daniel and so we were so thankful when Kristen gave us two winter coats that used to belong to Mikey. Also, Nena and Daniel enjoyed each other during this car ride to church and also held hands - Daniel loves holding hands and Nena loved it too!





Good night and sweet dreams! For those in Malaysia, good morning and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Aninha-Jonny,

    This is the end of Tuesday and I could not go to sleep without visiting your blog. I saw the news and all the pictures. Wonderful to see you with the daughters of Perla – whom you love so much! They will be your friends for ever! Daniel was not at his “smiley” phase in the pictures today, but I loved to see him again “para matar a saudade” which is immense! Stephen and I arrived from the “Oceanário” in Lisbon with Stephen’s son Simon and family. We had a wonderful time and thought that it will be a great place for our little prince, Daniel, to visit with you and Jonny. How magic is the place and Simon reminded me that it will be a very important place to bring our Daniel next time you are in Portugal.

    I loved to see Holly at his 5th birthday with you all. We wish her “Happy Birthday” with our love and kisses. Aninha, I was delighted to hear that Daniel has already made up a special nickname “Nena” to call Maria Helena! I imagine how much joy he brought to her heart. She is very special friend to all of us. My love to you 3 with a heart full of “saudade”! Vozinha Tetete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ana, Thanks for taking a moment to write on your blog. I am writing from Athens, did Daniel get my postcard from Dubai yet? I hope to call you from Brussels. Miss you all. Love Heather xxxx

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics